I read about the Save Yvonne's Sight meme on Crankshaft.
Blogger Yvonne Foong, 22, has neurofibromatosis type II, which has severely affected her sight and hearing due to tumours in the brain and spine. She is scheduled for an operation between 1 and 4 December 2009. The cost of surgery is USD44,000 or RM54,770, and the cost of staying in hospital for two weeks is USD915 or RM3219.
She has raised about RM52,454.28 of this and is hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book I'm Not Sick; I'm Just a Bit Unwell in English and Chinese.
The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her web site store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store. You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund.
You can also help by sending on this meme. If you do, please follow these meme rules:
1. Create a blog entry titled “Meme: Save Yvonne’s Sight”
2. List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne’s book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
3. End with the line, "Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com".
4. Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
5. If you have a Facebook account, please check out Ellen’s new invention, a “feme” pronounced FEEM, a meme designed for Facebook here. And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!
Three things/people I'd love to see:
1. Freedom, Human Rights, Justice and Democracy in Malaysia
2. Malaysians supporting what is right without being influenced by their race, religion, personal interests etc.
3. Someone whom I have not seen in 30 days!
1. Fi-sha - Dream a Little More Dream
2. Bongkers - The Flaccid Mind
3. Vijay Kumar Murugavell - Vote for Vijay Kumar
4. Duke Cheng - The Whisperer
5. delCapo - delCapo
Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com.