- The Star: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/9/5/nation/20090905110154&sec=nation
- NST: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/7cowhead/Article/index_html
- Malaysian Insider: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/malaysia/37144-khalid-samad-cow-head-will-haunt-umno-in-bagan-pinang-
- Malay Mail: http://www.mmail.com.my/content/12637-call-amicable-solution-relocation
- The Sun: http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=37742
So, which age is correct? Is it important? I believe that it is. While a 111 year old temple is just as worthy of protection and preservation as a 150 year old one, inaccurate reporting can be used to impugn the credibility of the people working to preserve the temple, as well as that of its devotees. This has already been done in these two pro-Umno/BN blogs: here and here.
Working to promote the human rights, including the right to freedom of religion, is not made any easier by sloppy reporting.